BREAST REVISION PHOENIX AZ
Breast Augmentation Revision Surgery Scottsdale, Phoenix, Mesa, Glendale, Gilbert, Chandler, and Paradise Valley AZ
REVISION BREAST SURGERY OVERVIEW
Breast revision is a great procedure choice for women who are looking to re-do their breast augmentation or reconstruction procedure. Drs. Tim Matatov, Rozbeh Torabi, and Joseph Zakhary at the Aesthetic and Restorative Breast Center have helped countless women attain the results they desire with revision breast surgery. Board-certified and immensely experienced, our surgeons are sought after by patients not just from Phoenix but around the state of Arizona. Whether you’re looking to address a complication or have experienced dissatisfaction with a prior breast augmentation surgery, you can benefit by working with Phoenix’s top breast surgeons.
REASONS FOR BREAST REVISION IN PHOENIX
Some of the top factors that can be addressed with a breast revision surgery include::
- Implant deflation – saline implants may leak or rupture, resulting in sagging, deflated breasts. This can lead the patient to have lopsided breasts that are not as attractive as they used to be. Implant revision surgery is often an ideal solution to remove and replace deflated breast implants.
- Change of breast size – this is indeed one of the most common reasons why women choose to have revision surgery. Following a breast augmentation surgery, some women feel that they may have wanted a bigger or smaller size than they actually got. Breast surgeons will take care of this dissatisfaction by removing the old implants and replacing them with a new size.
- Capsular contracture – this is a complication whereby the scar tissue surrounding the implant hardens, causing the implant to move. Capsular contracture may be triggered by a number of factors such as trauma, bleeding, infections, as well as other unknown factors. Our phoenix breast surgeons will evaluate each patient and create an individualized treatment plan to address this concern.
- Implant malposition – this often happens when the pocket holding the implant is too big. This gives the implant space to drift out of the intended position. To address this issue, plastic surgeons will use internal sutures to adjust the implant-pocket size.
BREAST REVISION AZ: CANDIDATES
Women who desire a revision breast augmentation surgery should schedule a consultation at the Aesthetic and Restorative Breast Center so they can receive an evaluation – as well as discuss their concerns with our board-certified plastic surgeons. Most patients who qualify for this procedure tend to experience one or more of the following:
- Dissatisfaction with a previous augmentation procedure
- A desire for smaller or larger breast implants
- Silicone implant rupture
- Saline implant rupture
- Capsular contracture
- Malpositioned implants
- Breast tissue changes due to weight fluctuations, breastfeeding, or even natural aging
To be a good candidate for revision breast surgery, you should also have good mental and physical health, as well as realistic expectations.
BREAST REVISION SURGERY APPROACH
Breast surgeons may use various approaches to perform revision surgery. In the case of saline implants, the surgeon will deflate the implant then remove it. Any remaining scar tissue will be eliminated. With silicone implants, the surgery is usually more involved and requires the removal of some surrounding tissue and muscle as well. If there are new/replacement implants, then these will be installed immediately after the old ones have been removed. Our surgeons will conduct a thorough evaluation and perform tests before establishing the best treatment approach for each patient.
The overall time it takes to complete the surgery will depend on how extensive the procedure is. This is typically an outpatient procedure that is performed under general anesthesia.
BREAST IMPLANT REVISION: RECOVERY
Recovery from breast implant revision typically depends on the nature of the surgery and the patient’s rate of healing. Most women are able to return to the usual daily activities in about 2 weeks. It’s important to arrange for someone to drive you home on the day of the surgery as well as help out with chores and household tasks. Your breast surgeon will provide precise after-care instructions that you should adhere to for proper healing and recovery.
BREAST REVISION FAQ
What are the risks?
Like with any other surgery, breast revision comes with various risks. However, our breast surgeons are extremely well trained and experienced in this type of procedure. They proactively do everything that is needed to make sure that the surgery runs safely and smoothly, and that the patient gets their desired results.
Will insurance pay for revision breast surgery?
This is unlikely. Insurers may cover the costs associated with this kind of surgery, but this usually depends on your reason for having the procedure. If you’re receiving a revision surgery to address issues that affect your health, then your insurer may pay part or all of the costs. Otherwise, if you’re having the revision surgery to achieve cosmetic goals, you’ll likely have to pay the cost of the procedure. Talk to your insurance services provider to find out whether they may cover your revision breast surgery.
Will I get more scars from a breast revision?
Breast surgeons may need to make additional incisions while carrying out implant revision surgery. Our specialists at the Aesthetic and Restorative Breast Center will use the best surgical approach to minimize scarring from incisions. Whenever possible, they’ll use existing scars. Make sure you talk to your surgeon about incision placement well before the procedure.
SCHEDULE YOUR IMPLANT REVISION IN PHOENIX AZ
If you’re interested in breast revision surgery in Phoenix or surrounding Arizona areas, do not hesitate to set up a consultation at the Aesthetic/Restorative Breast Center. This initial consultation is the best way to learn more about this procedure as well as share your concerns with our surgeons. Our team will examine you, take your medical history, and focus on your previous surgery before creating a custom treatment plan that is geared to achieve the results you’re looking for.
Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary from person to person. Images may contain models.